Now accepting applications!
To recognize and celebrate Barbara Brink’s vision and outstanding contribution to founding Science World, an internship program was established. Intended to provide valuable real-world experience in the field of science education, the Barbara Brink Internship is awarded to high school seniors interested in the sciences, who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership abilities.
The successful candidate of the internship will:
- be graduating from Grade 12 this spring
- work in a paid position, alongside Science World’s dynamic and professional staff of lifelong learners
- have the opportunity to execute one of several projects identified by the Selection Committee or propose a project of their own creation for consideration
- kick-start their professional career with a paid position at British Columbia’s premier science education organization
- upon successful completion of the project and internship responsibilities, receive a scholarship award toward their post-secondary studies
The Barbara Brink Internship is a 12-week program (at maximum) that runs from June to August each year. A schedule will be mutually agreed upon depending on the position/project requirements and the availability of the successful candidate. Generally, a commitment of at least 8 weeks is required.
Your application package must include:
- Submission of required fields in the Science World careers portal
- Contact information for two references: one academic (preferably from a science or math teacher) and one professional (from work or volunteer experience)
- Your most recent report card
The deadline to apply is Monday April 30, 2018.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 604.443.7495 if you have any questions.